Software Engineering (SE) is an important discipline and it is part of almost all curricula in Computer Science of universities.
Challenges in today’s software development industry include increasing system complexity, project management, shorter development cycles, shorter time to market, dealing with continuous changes, integration and deployment and expected high quality of the software.
Software engineering education has to deal with these challenges. How can we prepare students or employees to these challenges?
What are best practices to help them to work in different domains, ranging from app development for mobile devices to the development of really big applications for mainframe systems, from game development to working on highly secure systems?
How can we support students in their student life cycle and how can we prepare them for lifelong learning?
How can we ensure that future software engineers meet industrial needs, with respect to technical as well as soft skills?
At least one author of an accepted paper must register and attend the conference to present and discuss the paper. The paper will not be included in the conference proceedings if it is not presented at the conference.
- SE curriculum design
- Training, education, and certification of SE in adult education
- New methods, techniques, best practices, and experiences in education
- Illustrative examples to highlight SE topics in education
- Evaluation and assessment of students’ skills that are relevant for SE
- Assessment of different teaching models
- Reflective learning in SE
- Tools for education, both commercial and public domain
- Support of lifelong learning
- Social and cultural issues in SE education
- Games and social media in education
- Distance learning, online learning, E-learning, and MOOCs on SE topics
- Open education and open educational resources
A Best Paper Award is appointed in Educational Methods and Learning Mechanisms in Software Engineering Education.
High quality contributions are accepted in the following categories:
- Research papers
- Experience reports from industry or universities
- Panel session
The submission guidelines for the different categories will be found on the submission page. Papers must be submitted electronically.