Software Engineering (SE) is an important discipline and core part of almost all Computer Science curricula of universities.
Challenges in today’s software development include increasing system complexity, short development cycles, shorter time to market, continuous change, and expected high quality of the software.
Software engineering education has to deal with these challenges. How can students or employees be prepared to master these challenges?
What are best practices to help them to work in different domains, ranging from app development for mobile devices to the development of really big applications for mainframe systems, from game development to working on highly secure systems?
How can we support students in their student life-cycle and how can we prepare them for lifelong learning?
How can we ensure that future software engineers meet industrial needs, with respect to technical as well as soft skills?
At least one author of an accepted paper must register and attend the conference to present and discuss the paper. The paper will not be included in the conference proceedings if it is not presented at the conference.
- SE curriculum design
- Training, education, and certification of SE in adult education
- New methods, techniques, best practices, and experiences in SE education
- Pedagogical underpinning of SE education
- Illustrative examples to highlight SE topics in education
- Evaluation and assessment of students’ SE-relates skills
- Assessment of different teaching models in SE
- Reflective learning
- Tools for SE education
- Support of lifelong learning in SE
- Social and cultural issues in SE education
- Games and social media in SE education
- Distance learning, online learning, E-learning, MOOCs
- Analysis / mining of educational data in SE
A Best Paper Award is appointed in Educational Methods and Learning Mechanisms in Software Engineering Education.
High quality contributions are accepted in the following categories:
- Research papers
- Experience reports from industry or universities
- Panel session
The submission guidelines for the different categories will be found on the submission page. Papers must be submitted electronically.